A Rather Expensive Start!! I think... Maybe

Good afternoon everyone.

Today I decided to de-meat the fridge freezer and load it up for the next few days with veggie meals. I palmed off my sausage casserole, my meat feast pizzas and my beef bolognese to my mum, cringing at the thought of where the sausages came from. I then skipped merrily away to the shops to start the new veggie me.

Well, My goodness. I'll make it clear now that I intend to continue to eat fish - so does this actually make me a pescatarian?? Probably but oh well, I've set the social media up now and I'm much too busy/lazy to start that all again.

Anywho back to the point I was about to make - my goodness. Being a pesca-veggie is darn expensive!!! And I shopped at Aldi!! I'll do you a wee shopping list to accompany my very well balanced photo shoot of the groceries,

Poppadoms
Ricotta and basil filled raviolli
Very berry granola
Chopped tomatoes
Fishermans pie
2 x spicy tomato and peppercorn sauces
Papya and orange chutney
Natural yoghurt
200g smoked salmon
Soya milk
Paleo bars
Quorn mince
Tomato puree
Mexican bean burgers
Chargrilled veg pizza
Sweet potatoes
Onions
Bananas
Cauliflower
5 x pea snacks
Leeks
Ginger
Mushrooms (evil)
Aubergine
Chillies
Garlic
Tomatoes
Coriander
Lemons
Chickpeas
Carrots
Tomato soup
Salmon wellington
Houmus

Guess how much?? £50!!!!! I don't know what to think really because my "normal" shop is just a lot less than that. Normally around £30. It's all the extra veg I have bought I suppose. I don't normally pie sweet potatoes or pea snacks for the extra protein.

But maybe now I have laid it all out and thinking about what I've bought, that might be two weeks worth of food there.... I intend to make a veggie bolognese to serve with the raviolli, and a potato, chickpea, cauliflower curry to serve with the popodoms and chutney, and with the sweet potatoes I intend to add some goats cheese and spinach to some ready rolled pastry I have in the fridge.

What do you guys think??? Is it a very expensive shop???

Let me know below. First recipe comes tomorrow! I'm thinking bolognese.

See you then.
Bear




Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews