What's a Veggie Bear??

Prosecco and strawberries are vegetarian, right?
Hello and welcome to my new blog!

I'll be honest, this will mainly be a diary for me to keep recipes and what have you, but in case anyone is reading, I will introduce myself.

My name is Sarah but my nickname is Bear. And I eat meat. A LOT of meat. All the time. I have meat with every single meal pretty much. But today - 28th March 2017 - I saw a video that persuaded me to no longer eat meat and try being a veggie.

I've been thinking about it for ages and I was going to give it a go at the start of the year, but meat related occasions just kept cropping up and I was making excuses not to do it. Because you know what, quite frankly I LOVE the taste of meat. Mince beef and pork sausages, chicken pie and lamb roasts are some of my favourite things to eat and enjoy cooking with them.

Then tonight I saw a video of pigs being boiled alive in a massive tub of boiling water and blood, so that their hairs fall out and their skin is easier to work with when carving it up to make those sausages I enjoy so much. I will link the video here, but be warned it's absolutely harrowing, The look of unimaginable terror in their eyes.. the obvious pain and the f*cking horrendous screaming for their lives.. it's horrible,

I'm very well aware that me not eating sausages anymore will not solve the issue. I'm also aware factory farming is never likely to stop, but I guess the more people switch from eating real meat, the less demand there is, the less babies will die.

So in summary - here I am. An English northerner meat eater, attempting to not eat meat anymore.

I'll keep this updated with what recipes I've found, what I like and what I hate! And also how this change will affect my health because I have PCOS, suspected ulcerative colitis, hiatus hernia and fructose intolerance.

If you've any recipes for me to try, please link me :)

Speak soon!
Bear

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews