It's Changing My Life

Feeling healthier
Hello!

Well my plan to update regularly didn't go to plan in the first week! But that's OK – I now have a new laptop that is easy to use and it means I can take it around with me to update as I go. Most splendid.

So today ladies and gentlemen, marks one whole week of stopping eating meat, apart from fish. I cannot explain the difference it has made to my life and I need people to explain to me what has happened. Because I just don't get it.

For YEARS I have experienced terrible terrible stomach pain. I have had Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis symptoms for 5 years but it was never formally diagnosed (quite simply I didn't want the camera up my arse so I just learnt to live with the bleeding and the pain). I have not gone a single day in 5 years without pain, diarrhoea, discomfort or bloating... until this week when I stopped eating meat.

I hadn't realised how much I ate. Bacon and sausage sandwich for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, beef bolognese for tea – ALL meat! This week salmon for breakfast, carrots and houmus for lunch, potato and cauliflower for tea. NO bleeding. NO pain. NO bloating. AND I lost 3lb!!!

Shopping habits have changed a bit
HOW???? How was meat affecting my life this much and so badly???? WHY did nobody tell me??? I have seen Doctors who literally prescribed eating meat!!! “Cut out all carbs and have a high protein, lean white meat diet”... If I hadn't just changed Doctors, I would have gone in there and said “your advice was so harmful I don't even know where to begin”.

I feel amazing too. Physically I have so much more energy and I have not once proper craved sugar or chocolate. Mentally I feel at peace with knowing I haven't contributed to harming any of my favourite “farm yard”animals. Intellectually I feel alive!! I have done SO much more reading on what animal farming is doing to the planet; I am learning new recipes all the time and what herbs and spices compliment each other. I've even bought tofu!!!

I'm just alive in general. I've timed this change in my life perfectly really. It's just come spring so everything around me is new, and the sun is up early and setting later. It just feels like an awakening and I'm so grateful and at peace. And so thankful I'm not in pain anymore! THAT is THE biggest thing I am thankful for. Unless you have experienced it yourself, you cannot imagine living in pain every day and being literally scared about how your body will react to the next thing you put in your mouth.

I'm off to write some more blogs with recipes and also about a competition I have found on an incredibly educational website.

Thanks for reading. I'll see you soon :-)


Bear

Comments

  1. congratulations!!! glad your feeling better I just need to get my father in law on the vegitarian vegan lifestyle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Any luck with your father in law?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews